Research, Publications & Inventions
Research & Inventions:
- Design of external fixator for tibia. Principal and sole investigator: Pankaj Jindal (1983) Research grant and royalties: None
- External fixator for the leg prepared in 1983 at M.Y. Hospital, Indore by using the brake assembly of 1210 Tata mini truck. This was used to stablise an open fracture of the leg. This was appreciated by the visiting orthopeadic surgeon Dr. Bawdekar of Mumbai in 1983. He requested me to send him one pair.
- Design and development of low cost dynamic splints for hand surgery and rehabilitation. Principal and sole investigator: Pankaj Jindal (1985) Research grant and royalties: None
- Design and development of low cost miniature external fixator for hand surgery, known as JESS in India. Principal and sole investigator: Pankaj Jindal (1985) Research grant and royalties: None
- Miniature external fixator made of brass in 1985. On either side telescoping antenna was welded to prevent wobbling and rotation. Soon several model was prepared. These went on to become JESS fixator.
- Bhandari N, Jindal P. Monteggia lesion in a child – Variant of a Bado type 4 Lesion: a case report. J Bone Joint Surgery 1996; 78-A: 1252-1255.
- Thurman RT, Jindal P, Wolff TW. Ulnar nerve compression in Guyon’s canal caused by calcinosis in scleroderma. J Hand Surgery 1991; 16A:739-74.
- Swanson AB, Swanson G de G, Maupin BK, Hynes DEM, Jindal P. Failed carpal bone arthroplasty: causes and treatment. J Hand Surgery 1989; 14-A (Part 2): 417-424.
- Pankaj Jindal. Synostosis of proximal phalangeal bases for loss of distal metacarpal. Indian J Orthop. 2016 Nov-Dec; 50(6): 689–692. Saha Gold medal award of Indian Orthopeadic Association.
India's Top Rated Hand Surgeon
Dr. Pankaj Jindal, Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics. Fellowship in Hand Surgery, Microsurgery & Research in France & USA.
Dr. Pankaj Jindal
For Accidental Emergency, Please Contact us at: